Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter Poem

***this just in from a friend...telling me the storm front is already approaching them where they live farther to the west.....had to share......

It's winter in Canada
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.
Oh, how I love Canada
When the snows' up to your butt
You can take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Canada
Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

2 comments:

hippymummy said...

I'm not sure if this would be a good poem to put in a travel brochure or not? For me over here in chilly little England I can't even imagine what that'd be like. I must admit to being curious too! So maybe it would be good P.R. to tempt the dare devils amongst us! Lol! xXx

Eileen said...

I agree, but the travel people do promote the snow, ice and even the cold - to the adventureous types...skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, ice climbers, snowboarding, skating, hockey, dogsledding and so on....if you're stuck with it for 4 -5 months of the year, you have to culivate a liking for some kind of winter activity...suck it up and enjoy -that's what I used to tell my kids...complain a little too. Hubby and I cross country ski, snowshoe, skate (that's how I cracked my ribs before Christmas) play hockey on ponds, toboggan -we prefer getting out in nature and enjoying the quiet that a snow covered landscape can bring -rather than the noisy, crowded activities -really -you must try it!!!! ...snowangels...snowball fights....on and on...(but I have to be positive -I'm stuck here until March when I can get away for a week....have a good one....