Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mother Nature's Artistry

After days and days of not seeing the sunrise, I was rewarded with this site as I walked Nellie before school this morning.....
Mother Nature is the artist I aspire to be....
Frozen St. Lawrence River looking towards an island on the American side....sometimes we see fox and even the occasional deer crossing the ice......sometimes they don't make it ...the ice is dangerously unstable.....

When admiring these views and taking pictures, I tend to forget about the cold and arrive at school with very frozen fingers...but another sunrise is worth it....




3 comments:

Goosey said...

Wow, nature is really so much better than anything we can produce. I'm sure if I had that view on my way to work I would just never get there!

hippymummy said...

What beautiful pictures Eileen! Now getting up to something like this WOULD make me feel much more cheerful when starting my day! Shame about the fur creatures though, that must be horrible to see. Maybe some fingerless gloves would help in the frozen hands situation? At least your poor hands'd get some protection from the frost. xXx

Eileen said...

It was all white and gray and snowing again today....but not as cold. Fingerless gloves, now that is a good idea Hippymummy...maybe I'll go on line to find a pattern...I've never knit gloves before or mittens...but since I was forced into quieter activities last month it's all I've done, knit that is!
Goosey my 8 minute drive to work sometimes takes me over 30 minutes -pictures to take, u-turns to get a closer look at an unusual bird.....good thing there isn't much traffic on that road either -haven't hit anyone either....thanks for visiting!!!