Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Suffering in Silence

I love snowstorms, as long as I can observe them through a window . I'm very nervous driving in them so today's storm allowed me to stay home from school again and sleep. I slept the day away again in my very quiet house -due in large part to the new medication I'm on for pain....and then there is the Gravol I took for the terrible nausea the pain medication gave me. It has been a crappy way to start the new year but to look for a positive I have been able to sleep the past 3 days, something I haven't done much of since I fell on Dec. 24. For someone who is active all the time it has been very discouraging to not even be able to walk the dog. Yesterday, I did go to school -not a good idea -I felt dizzy and disorientated in the morning, nauseous all afternoon with a terrible headache. When I got home I walked with Nellie about 30 feet into the backyard and had to empty my stomach contents into the garbage can in the shed. That was it -came in and went to bed and have just got up now -it is about 3:30 pm. on Wed. Buses were cancelled in our school board today due to the storm so I didn't miss another day with the kids. I'm taking myself off the latest pain med. as I cannot tolerate the way it makes me feel. I think the pain in the ribs is more tolerable than this. I joined a Creative Every Day challenge and so far all I've managed are some doodles with both left and right hands, 2 knitted dish clothes and several inches on what will be another knitted purse. Really just busy work ,but I have managed to take some photos.... that does involve a little more creativity. I have to think positively...next week will be better.

1 comment:

Goosey said...

Sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly, I really hope you will feel better soon. That picture of the snow is lovely, I wish we had some serious snow over here!