Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Personality Collage

We cleaned our room at school today in preparation for the new semester. Down came all the art work, projects etc. displayed there. This little collage, done on an 8 X 10 inch canvas, was an "example" I did at the beginning of the school year. The purpose was to get the kids to think about themselves, describe themselves to others through pictures, painting, drawings, photos and other treasures that could be mounted. Can you tell some of the things that are near and dear to my heart????

2 comments:

Goosey said...

That's a lovely collage, I hope you are going to keep it.I suspect you will have learned alot about what is important to the children too through this project.

Eileen said...

Absolutely Goosey, I've hung it in my studio workroom. I think it might be a little project I do from time to time -I already see things I would add, remove/change. The kids also revisited their own, as we took them down and did the same - some HUGE changes -these kids are between 15 and 19 but because of their intellectual disabilities most of them still think and reason like 7 -9 year old little boys ...so their likes and dislikes can COMPLETELY change in 5 months....and some will never change.....perhaps like us grownups too. Thanks for visiting...your countryside is just beautiful.