Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Deep Freeze

Central Canada is in a deep freeze - all kinds of warnings etc. -the wind howled last night turning the soft crystally snow into drifts of hard packed, more granular snow --very squeally underfoot! Wind chill was -33 here this morning -dropping further tonight! However, if you are dressed right, keep moving, walk "with" the wicked wind not into it -it isn't that bad. I do worry about the more delicate plants -will they survive this deep freeze???? Busy at school -only 5 teaching days left to the first semester -then exams, report cards etc., then "new subjects" YEA! I love the turn around......we've been busy with culminating projects, assessments, reviews etc. Too busy at night to do much else -haven't begun to plan for next semester yet......patience.....it will all happen in good time........

2 comments:

hippymummy said...

Hi, i've just wandered over your way via Leanne from Somerset Seasons.I love the way you write, and was upset by your heartless neighbour killing off your local fox family. Reading about the weather you're experiencing makes me want to reach for the hot water bottle, duvet and throw another log on the fire! I was feeling sorry for myself last week when the temp reached -6! Wimp! I can't even imagine how cold -33 is? Oh well, i've waffled on enough, a fault i'm guilty i'm afraid. I'm sure i'll be back this way again soon xXx

laoi gaul~williams said...

ohh stay warm!