Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Winter storms and Juncos

Snowed all day yesterday which has brought out more birds to the feeders....Cardinals, Goldfinches, Dark-Eyed Juncos, House Sparrows were seen -I love to watch them inside the Bristlecone Pine behind the red feeder -they get a seed go back inside the tree, visit with their friends, hop up and down the tree -then out to get more food....
We woke up this morning to a real mess -we've had about 25cm of snow, a few hours of ice rain and it is still snowing!!!

Ice coated Rosa Rubifolia -the school buses were cancelled all over Eastern Ontario today -it will take me hour an hour to clean the snow and ice off my car so I'm not rushing in to school -no kids but we are still expected to show up -late is OK however so I'm not rushing.



1 comment:

laoi gaul~williams said...

good grief! and we get excited over an inch or less of snow! georgeous pictures!