Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ice Covered World

The setting sun yesterday turned the world into a landscape of glittering trees -better than any display of Christmas lights. The skies cleared about 3p.m. after 48 hours of snow/ice rain off and on. It was breathtaking (pictures just can't capture the glitter) and yet I worried -definitely a bad trait of mine -I worry that the sun came too late to melt the ice weighing heavily on the evergreens, I worry a wind will come up and we'll have more broken branches -I worry....

As the sun went down, the glittering diamonds in the trees turned to sparkling yellow gold coated branches.....

...as I took this last picture from my side door......a loud crack.....downed branches....not from our trees but from our closest neighbours......I worry -that is why I'm posting this in the middle of the night -not sleeping again.......too much on my mind.




2 comments:

Goosey said...

It's so beautiful to see the winter landscape, we too have very frosty weather at the moment which is a bit unusual in my part of the UK, we generally have quite mild winters with very occasional snow.Hope your trees don't break too much with the cold snap.

laoi gaul~williams said...

hope you have had no breaking brances land on your home between you posting and my reading this!
a hard frost here today but nothing to match what you have.

there are some ponies over on my blog ;)