Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sunset Quakers

The sky was so dark with flurries this afternoon I didn't think there would be any sunset worth seeing - wrong -I glanced out the window a short time ago as I was making a cup of hot chocolate -saw the gorgeous colours ....jumped into boots and threw on a coat and ran down to the rivers edge.
A few small flocks of geese are still hanging around but today there were flocks of Black Ducks everywhere - "quackers" as we affectionately call them. Most of them took off as I came floundering close to the rivers edge but I managed to capture some of them and the setting sun - so many pretty colours on the snow -but it faded so quickly. Lots of ocean going ships passing by, one after the other trying to get out of the Seaway system before it closes for the season on Sunday. Some were decked out in Christmas lights last night but I didn't have my camera with me at 9 at night - tonight I will!!!


No comments: