Saturday, December 13, 2008

Frosty Full Moon

Well, I actually missed the moon at her fullest this month due to cloud cover, snowstorms etc. The skies cleared enough early this morning as the moon was setting to get a few pictures.

It was very cold as I let Nellie out this morning so I checked the thermometer -"-25C"!!!

With the slight breeze the wind chill was much greater -great clouds of mist rolled off the river but I didn't feel much like venturing out -so I took some pictures from the back door and out the kitchen window -it worked!

I did venture out to the village later, to do what I call gather -with list in hand, I visited shops to gather a bit of this and a bit of that from the various establishments. I was very pleased with the efforts -not only did I run into lots of lovely people I haven't seen for ages, but managed to gather all the ingredients I need for some Christmas baking, several gifts for family members and mail the last of the holiday letters and gifts. I finished wrapping gifts when I got home and phoned one son and older sister. To my surprise she informed me she fell a few days ago on ice and broke her right arm in 2 places! Luckily she has wonderful friends who have helped her out driving her to appointments and doing the chores (she has 2 Arabians) Her girls are due home over the next week so they can help out for a few weeks.

Tonight I hope to finish some knitting and perhaps just snuggle in front of a fire and watch a movie with JJ -we've both been a little under the weather so that sounds like a good plan.




1 comment:

laoi gaul~williams said...

ouch i hope your sister is coping okay and not in any pain.

glad yo had such a nice trip to the village...although the idea of getting cosy and watching a dvd sounds nice :)