Monday, December 8, 2008

Coldest Day Yet

After hours of combing out every little knot in Nellie's long coat, she was ready for a bath and haircut yesterday. She always looks like a different dog -she's white, with black skin that makes her look gray on top because it is clipped so close! It was soooo cold out this morning - -21C with a windchill of -27C -I put her coat on -most of the time I don't think she cares -she loves the snow and cold -but it makes me feel better -I had on the heavy boots, snow pants, hat and long scarf wrapped around my face for our morning walk -the wind was from the east -cold and damp blowing over the water.
Finished some snowflakes this weekend, and I always hang them up for a day or two to see if any adjustments are needed after looking at them awhile -I wish the sun would come out so I can see them sparkle!

We went to a Christmas Farmers Market in a local village on Saturday, got some Octoberfest Sausage, some locally made wine and a dark fruitcake made by some delightful senior ladies. I love dark fruitcake -my mom used to always make it, but I'm the only one in my family who likes it so I usually buy a small loaf from local ladies raising funds for something or other now
instead of making my own. On our way home we drove a different route and discovered a new art gallery in the country. We had a great visit with the owner in the dog friendly gallery and I fell in love with a number of paintings -turned out the owners father painted them. We left but went back -JJ, the dear husband that he is let me buy one! I have a frame that fits it with a few adjustments will take a picture of it once I have framed it -love it -an impressionist landscape with my favourites -rocks, trees, fall colours and sky!!! I love it!!!



3 comments:

Goosey said...

Those snowflakes are lovely, how do you make them? Are they glass? They must look great when the sun shines through them.
Looking forward to seeing the picture soon. BW Goosey

laoi gaul~williams said...

Nellie looks so lovely! i wish our cody would sit still enough for a trim!
the snowflakes are gorgeous and i hope the sun comes out soon for you!
as for the temperature, i guess i will stop moaning about our 0 and -1!

Eileen said...

Thanks, the snowflakes are made from purchased beveled glass pieces or I cut pieces of stained/patterned glass and different sizes of glass blobs.
Leanne -Nellie doesn't sit still -I chase her all over, put a mat on a table and put her up on it or enlist JJ's help to hold her so I have 2 hands to work with -bathing is easy -I sit on the edge of the tub with her inside -much easier in the warmer months!!!