Thursday, December 11, 2008

Collections

My older son claims I'm a collector of wierd things, my younger son calls them my stiffs, and my husband...well he has his own collections, so never says much. I enjoy getting out my horse collection this time of year. I have rocking horses from 2cm - 35cm, mostly wooden, but some glass, china, brass and other metal s.

In my computer room I have a mini "Horse" tree. When my nieces were young they loved playing with the ornaments and still give me ornaments every year. I have no idea why I have a horse tree - some of my non animal loving relatives just chalk it up to the fact that I'm the animal lover...then shudder ....I just don't get people that don't love animals the way I do???? The tree top running horse was made by me over 30 years ago to top my very first "tree"......



3 comments:

Goosey said...

Nothing wrong with a horse tree if thats what you like, the one you made is very professional looking. I collect little snowmen, I get one every year so they are known by the year I bought them...my maiden name was Snow so to me it makes sense!

Eileen said...

That's "cool". Do you get to build snowmen where you live???? I always enlist the help of neighbour kids or my own to come and build a snowman each year -we have another "collection" of snowman accessories. When the kids were young they would build snow dragons and trains -lots of fun....I'm very touched that a few people read my blog and share what I see each day....have a great day...

Martha Bright said...

I love it! I want a horse tree too! Some students came over once and they said--everything here is horses and cats--I guess you like them???