Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Baby's Birthday

The one in the middle with the big grin is my baby. Today he is 24! That is hard to believe!!!!

He'll hate me for posting these but.......I want the world to see my adventurous, smiling, talented son...my baby for always. He lives, works and plays 1000's of miles from me and I miss him every day..... Lindsay is a welder by day, drummer by night and outdoor adventurist whenever possible -he camps in the wilderness, climbs mountains, canoes, hikes. He loves the outdoors and animals and his drums.


He takes courses on ice climbing, rock climbing, mountain climbing....he is fearless!

He loves to be on top of the world! Right now, he is thinking of going back to school or traveling the world -I have encouraged him to travel the world as he is young, healthy and not tied down! He may join a friend in Australia this spring...wish I could go with him.....love that smile. Happy Birthday baby!!!













3 comments:

Goosey said...

You must be so proud of him, my youngest is just the same, always hanging off cliff, up a tree, yomping across the countryside...he is a Royal Marine recruit so he should be getting enough excitement now!
Lovely pictures of your son and those mountains look wonderful.

Helen said...

How lovely Eileen. It is hard to imagine that our grown up sons, these men,used to be our babies, isn't it? But you are right, they will always be our babies, whereever they go in the world there will always be that tie. My youngest baby became a married man three days ago and I can still hardly believe it. How exciting for us mums to watch them live their lives and see what God has in store for them. Thank you. Helen x

Eileen said...

Goosey, the mountains are all in Alberta and British Columbia (3458 km driving distance -he has driven across Canada twice and I have yet to go out there -go figure!)
Helen...thanks for the lovely comments...I'm so happy for you and your family to have had such a lovely day for a wedding....too bad about the fur...I don't know if I would have the nerve to wear fur nowadays either ....years ago I would wear my husband's grandmother's raccoon coat when we went for a sleigh ride and I wore my aunt's redesigned Persian Lamb coat for 2 winter's until it fell apart -but that was 30 years ago....now...I think not.....although my step mother said she will pass on her furs to me when she gets older to "do something with"....she won't wear them anymore either!!