Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'd love to jump up and down or do a little dance or yell out loud and yell"Yahoo!", but I'm not that kind of person.....I'm more of the grin from ear to ear and exclaim ..."...yeeesss!" Why ....it is above freezing.......will stay above freezing until Friday (I hope) and as I type this it is raining!!! Rain melts the snow faster...right..."yeeesss!!!"
All this grinning I'm doing is in response to the newest chapter of this wretched winter we've been having....Mon, about 6:40 in the morning, I was walking along the street with Nellie, thinking that the temperature was quite tolerable, the snow that fell Sun night and that was still falling would look beautiful and sparkly if we ever had some sun again, when in a flash I went from upright walking to opening my eyes, flat on my back staring into Nellie's face and the darkness beyond. What happened was I slipped and fell on ice that was hidden by the night's snowfall! I hit my head on the pavement and had blacked out for a few seconds I think. Very carefully I felt for blood...none , thank goodness...carefully got up and went home. I was very shaken and upset by the whole event, by myself at home and felt very strange. I was in slight shock, disoriented, dizzy, and shaking. To make a long story short...my dear friends were called, they took me to the doctors a few hours later. The worst happened later as the whiplash I suffered as a result of the fall set in -very painful neck. It is day 3, the neck is still stiff and sore and I've had a headache since Mon. Hard head I guess -the brain was only rattled and bruised up a bit -no lasting effects...I hope. Very scary however....I've never hit my head so hard and I don't want any more encounters with ICE this season!!! The wet muddy spring with it's delightful soft squishyness can't come soon enough....

2 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

ohhh i hope you are feeling much better now
xoxo

Eileen said...

Yes, thankfully ....it has been a long haul...but today the sun is shining, the temp. is supposed to go up to -3C and JJ and I plan to go for a drive and explore some of the local villages that we haven't been to for awhile, then go for walks in our favourite haunts -that is guaranteed to raise anyone's spirits -right!