Saturday, November 22, 2008

Treats for Anytime

Rice Pudding With Lemon
Scanning my new favourite cookbook (Finally Foods I Can Eat), I settled on trying this recipe yesterday afternoon when I got home from school - after a very cold minus 14 C. wind chill walk with Nellie. I was up early today so decided to have some for breakfast -LOVE IT!! It would be a great dish to serve anytime -if you like coconut , rice and lemon. Here's the recipe:

1 cup coconut milk 250ml 1 cup water 250ml

1/2 cup organic long grain white rice 125ml 1 Tbsp. honey 15ml

1/4 tsp sea salt 1ml 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 5 ml

juice & zest from 1/2 - whole lemon (I used a whole because it was small)

In a pot, combine coconut milk, water, rice, sea salt & vanilla . Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook approx. 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add honey at the end of cooking. Remove from heat and stir in lemon and zest. Place in a bowl in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. Top with toasted coconut or fresh fruit if desired.

Free of dairy, wheat, yeast, corn, gluten, sugar, eggs, soy, nuts & nightshades

Of course I had mine this morning with one of favourite teas -Tetley's Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea -have a long list of chores for JJ & I to work on today -mostly inside as it is quite cold out this morning.


No comments: