Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Negative ions

A short "Indian Summer" has descended upon us. After an unusually cold and wet spell, the air here has suddenly warmed. For the first time in a long time the air has warmed since sun down. I just got back from taking Nellie out for her final walk for the day and I feel alive again. Cold makes me want to hibernate under my wool duvet -for the winter ! But with the warming temperatures also came increased humidity - it is about 11 degrees C - and that wonderful fresh invigorating smell in the air -the negative ions hubby likes to point out -whatever -I love it! The darkness felt...soft, the setting sliver of moon glowed orange in the hazy sky, the leaves crunched underfoot and that wonderful smell in the air.......all is right with my world tonight..........

No comments: