Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Currently on my needles...what will become a large shopping tote.....knitted on circular needles, then "felted." A Christmas gift for a niece.....I'll make long knitted handles as she likes to carry her bags over a shoulder. Patons SWS is a wool/soy mix - a little slippery especially when knitting as a passenger in the car -one of my favourite places to knit.....
What a crazy day at school today! I teach 9 Intellectually Disabled adolescents between the ages of 15 - 19 yrs. They are a super group - usually, but some of them decided today was a good day to push ALL my buttons. My E.A. (educational assistant) was away today too - perhaps that is why they decided to gang up on me......I just (in good humour) told them they were all rotten kids and that I was going to quit, then walked out - they of course panicked and begged me to come back......I really love yanking their chain too.
My kids, as I affectionately call them when telling my hubby about their latest antics, take up way too much of my thoughts, interfere with my sleep and I spend way too much money on projects for them. We started our annual wall quilt today -using completely recycled fabric from old clothes - it should be fun!!

1 comment:

laoi gaul~williams said...

enjoy the break in the weather!

your job sounds interesting~i used to work with physically and intellectually disabled adults and loved it so much~i miss them to this day.