Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cold Day

Cold, but sunny day (-17 C wind chill), did some outdoor decorating -cutting boughs and branches for pots, window boxes -until my hands were frozen. This afternoon I began to design some stained glass snowflakes I want to make for gifts and was pleasantly interrupted by my dear friend Ellen, who arrived WITH a pot of fresh coffee -delighted, we went inside (I was in my studio), lit a fire, poured our coffee ,added some vanilla flavoured milk substitute and "Rye Whiskey" Delightful!!! I am not much of a drinker and never the hard stuff but I enjoyed this concoction!!! We spent the next hour looking at recent photos I've taken and discussing Christmas plans in a very cozy room....great way to spend a Sunday....JJ hovered a bit, then decided to go watch football with a neighbour.....
Nellie loved the frozen grass and had to roll around in on our morning walk...

......the farmer who rents this 20 acre field from us finally cut the corn on Friday leaving the stubble quite high -not sure why?...he'll plant soybeans next year right into the stubble in an effort to conserve topsoil from being lost by
ploughing ..all the extra plant material also acts like a mulch to cut down on weed growth without resorting to herbicides...which I'm happy about......



No comments: