Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Busy, stressful week is over - we were pet sitters again last weekend, a dog and 3 cats - but our animals all get along thankfully - it was the dreadful cold rain/snow last weekend combined with fighting off a throat infection that got the better of me. I didn't feel well again until Wed. Now the much cooler temperatures have arrived - it has been minus 8 - 10 degrees with the wind chill all week. Today the winds died down and the morning was better -snapped a few this morning of the eastern tip of the island with the mist rising off the water - it looks so cold though - not so cold to stop Nellie from wading into the river to get a drink -she is such a "hot" dog!!
Nellie is in need of a hair cut but with all the wet last week and little attention from me -she had lots of new matts that I'll have to spend this weekend getting out!! I was so happy last night to learn that my youngest son is coming home from Edmonton for Christmas. I have to get busy and finish up Christmas gifts. He arrives home on the 19, then we're heading to Toronto to visit my other son, then on to my older sister's farm -where a reunion of sorts will take place as all her girls will be home this year too - it will be CRAZY -hearing about adventures, schools, new boyfriends etc., then back home on the 23 to get ready for all the other side of the family to descend - I can't wait....... I love all the family events at Christmas.......





1 comment:

laoi gaul~williams said...

what gorgeous photos and what an exciting month ahead for you!

the cold sounds exciting too, well to me anyway as i am a great cold weather lover. the forecasters here are predicting aan icy blast from the arctic this week, i just know they are making it up!