Friday, March 27, 2009

Beach Birds

White Ibis strolling down the beach......
....the Black Skimmers (by the hundreds) were great fun to watch as they swooped and wheeled about.... sometimes in perfect unison..... sometimes shattering into many directions only to regroup again to continue up and down the beach....

Western Sandpipers dodged the wave edges alone or in small groups....

Willets were in pairs or in flocks of 30 or more but rarely alone......

Some people love crows and hate gulls....I happen to hate crows and love gulls......these Laughing Gulls could be a family of many ages judging by all the colour variations.


SEA GULL

I rise on spirit wings.
Like the sea gull, I soar over the waters of life.
I glide to Otherworlds where the powers of the Old Ones are strong.
I open my heart and mind to the gods.Their messages are clear to me.

Spiritual Messengers
Sea Gulls are messengers from the gods, especially ancient Celtic deities. They bridge the gap between the living world and the spirit world. Opening yourself to their energy enables you to communicate with the other side.
Sea Gull can also give you the ability to soar above your problems and see things from above. Seeing all the different viewpoints.
It was so lovely to sit on warm white sand to watch the birds on the beach -Boca Grande Beach this day. The skies were blue, the Gulf of Mexico waters were multiple hues of blue, turquoise and green......I can go back there any time just by looking at some of the images I captured on that warm March afternoon..........




No comments: