Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Red Skies

As the red skies promised, the rain soon started again....it has been raining for 4 days now. On the brighter side -it is not snowing! Actually, the rain melted the last snowdrift today......poor Nellie, she will miss the snow...but now she has water puddles and a swollen creek to play in. The east wind was very cold this morning so I was glad I still had ear muffs tucked into a pocket for our morning walk -I soon needed them!
On the way to school I saw the first ship sail by....the Seaway system officially opened as of midnight last night so I suspect that this ship has left port in Montreal in the night.

Green things are appearing everywhere, even the mosses are beginning to green up but it has been too wet and cold to do any gardening .

It was muffin mania at school today as my "crew" made about 170 Banana Muffins. The Grade 10 students must write a half day Literacy test tomorrow. It is very important, as schools are judged on the results. Anyway, since I run the Breakfast Program for the school, we were asked to prepare something special for these students writing tomorrow, for their break -muffins, cheddar cheese and fruit juice. They are all ready and waiting for tomorrow -the kids did an excellent job!!! (and they didn't mind not doing math or geography today to bake all day!)



No comments: